Wednesday, June 11, 2014

"Waiting On" Wednesday (1)

Waiting on Wednesday

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking Spine , that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.



Love burns. Worlds collide. Magic reigns.

This world is trying to kill Lily Proctor. Her life-threatening allergies keep her from enjoying many of the experiences that other teenagers take for granted...which is why she is determined to enjoy her first (and perhaps only) high-school party. But Lily's life never goes according to plan, and after a humiliating incident in front of half her graduating class Lily wishes she could just disappear.

Suddenly Lily is in a different Salem - one overrun with horrifying creatures and ruled by powerful women called Crucibles. Strongest and cruelest of all the Crucibles is Lillian . . . Lily's identical other self in this alternate universe. This new version of her world is terrifyingly sensual, and Lily is soon overwhelmed by new experiences.

Lily realizes that what makes her weak at home is exactly what makes her extraordinary in New Salem. It also puts her life in danger. Thrown into a world she doesn't understand, Lily is torn between responsibilities she can't hope to shoulder alone, and a love she never expected.

But how can Lily be the saviour of this world when she is literally her own worst enemy?

Why I’m Waiting…

First off this is a fantasy, which is a genre that I am quite obsessed with! MAGIC!!! The cover is absolutely fantastic and I'm addicted to pretty covers. I've seen a few reviews and all of them have been very positive which only makes me more excited. If you just read the summary of this book I'm pretty sure you will want it too! How could you not? Doesn't it sound AMAZING??

So since I really didn’t plan on waiting for the release date of this book ( 9/2/14) I requested it from Macmillan and it is now in my possession! So now I am trying to fly through some books I have to read ASAP so I can hurry up and begin this beauty!

What are you waiting on this week?

4 comments:

  1. I totally cheated and started this one early!! And I'm totally loving it, Crystal!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got this one in the mail too! I'm really excited to read it, but like you, I have some ASAP books I need to get through before I can read this one!!! Awesome pick, lady!

    xo, Becca @ Pivot Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY YAY YAY for fantasy! It definitely deserves all the yays. I also have this one, but I read/review in order, so I won't get to it for another month or so. Which is okay. But then I see things from early readers, and I'm like ahhhh, I should read it now! *restrains self* I'm glad you get to read this book soon, Crystal! I hope you love it :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The story sounds so unique! I want to read more fantasy books as well, so this might be a great one to start with.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! I try to always comment back :)