Friday, August 23, 2013

Fan Fun Friday (3)

Every Friday I will have a guest fan make a recommendation of a book that they want to share with you. Any book, any genre. I also like to ask a couple of fun questions. This week my fan guest is Mariam! She is was "adopted" twitter sister. ;-)




Hey people! I'm Mariam and so happy to be on Crystal's Fan Fun Friday! 
Which by the way is an amazing idea. I lurve your blog! You are doing such a great job with it. If I didn't already know, I'd never think you were new to the "Blogger world". 

The book I'm recommending today is Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers. I knew I'd love it even before I read it. It basically called to me! Lol. 


Grave Mercy starts at when Ismae (the MC) is 14 and was being forced into a marriage with a pig farmer. She doesn't make it easy for him to have her. But upon seeing her scar he locks her away. She then escaped with help from a priest and sent to St. Mortain, a convent that trains them the art of death. (Intrigued yet? I hope so.) 
After 3 years she gets an assignment then everything happens after that. She falls in love (but pretty much denies it in most of the book). I loved everything about Grave Mercy, it was exciting, emotional (maybe that's just me lol) and just plain GOOD. The book's main quote is, "Why be the sheep when you can be the wolf." Cool right? I recommend Grave Mercy to anyone/everyone! 


Read more about Grave Mercy here.

Now here are some fun questions I asked Mariam!!


Q: What was the first book you remember LOVING?

A: The very first book that made me love reading was Elske by Cynthia Voigt. (Before that I never thought I could read a book for enjoyment only!!) Elske was so interesting  and activating that I couldn't help but look for more books that seemed just as interesting. 

Q: What is your weirdest obsession when it comes to books?

A: Hmm... I'm obsessed with the funny/sexy characters, but before that I'm mainly obsessed with how the cover looks like!! 

Q: All time favorite fictional character? Why?

A: OMG! Really Crystal?? That is hard... So many amazing characters! But I'm going for Kenji Kishimoto from Shatter Me because he is just so hilarious and amazing. 

This or That:

Read inside or outside?

Inside because I can't deal with the heat and tiny bugs flying around lol. 

Buy a book you are dying for at full price or wait until it goes on sale?

Full price, I'd want to get my hands on it the very minute I'm able to. 


Thanks so much for being part of Fan Fun Friday Mariam!!!! And from all of our little group WE WILL MISS YOU LURVE!!!!!

♥ Crystal 

Do you want to recommend a book? If interested in being part of Fan Fun Friday please contact me!! 






19 comments:

  1. #lurve what you write, Mariam!
    I agree in the obsession with covers and in reading inside!
    I will miss you so much =3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks #lurve!! Haha! Reading outside isn't as nice as the pictures show lol.

      Aww! Babe, I'll miss you too!! <3

      Delete
  2. #Lurve you Mrs Kenji. Great recommendation and will add that to my ever expanding list.

    Will miss you a million x infinity oxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great recommendation Mrs Kishimoto. Will add it to my ever expanding reading list.

    Will miss a million x infinity. Lurve you oxoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! And we all have an ever expanding reading lists!
      I will miss you tripple that!

      Delete
  4. Love your response about your favorite character. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol thank you!!! But really, that was a toughy!

      Delete
  5. This is such a great book! I read it a few months ago and just got sucked into it. So, I second your recommendation. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've still got to get it and read it soon!!

      Delete
    2. Yay!! Have you read Dark Triumph yet??

      Delete
    3. You really do! Jut picture me smiling like an idiot whenever you start it ;)

      Delete
  6. MARIAM I'M GONNA MISS YOU BBY I'M ABOUT TO READ THIS BOOK JUST TO KEEP YOU CLOSE TO ME WHILE YOU'RE AWAY (also because it sounds really good)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to miss you soooo much too!!!! Aww you're sweet, and it is really good! I hope you like it! Lurve you!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY, two of my lurves together!!!

    WORD and fist bump about reading inside!! ((indoor girl))

    I have three more books due for work then I AM reading Grave Mercy.

    I will miss my baby girl!! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ๐Ÿ‘Š*fist bump*

      Awesome!! You guys can talk about together then!! Yay! <3

      I'll miss you terribly, mam!! ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜

      Delete
    2. Aww no crying please! <3

      Delete
  9. Hi Crystal.. I was wondering if I could take part in this and whether I can do it on my blog, A Book Paradise. I think this is an awesome idea and I'm so glad I have come across your blog. Have a nice day! Tanya x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure Tanya! I just ask that you link back :) contact me on twitter or through the form if you would like!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! I try to always comment back :)