Saturday, August 3, 2013

So.....I picked my first book


   I won Venom by Fiona Paul in July, I believe it was, when the blogger Ensconced in YA (@cka1981) hosted a Twitter Party. Which let me tell you, if you have never done one, they are CRAZY and so much fun! One day I hope to be able to host some myself ;) Anyways they did a caption contest & by some miracle I was one of the winners!! I never win anything so I was very excited. 
   Her book comes in 3 different beautiful covers, but this image is my favorite. I obsess over covers! (Yes I'm one of those people!) I will buy a book for the cover alone sometimes just because it speaks to me. So since I haven't had a chance to start what I hear is a fabulous book and I have the time now, I have chosen it to be in the spotlight this week! It will officially be my first review! I'm hoping to have it up by Wednesday at the latest, if things go well before that! 
   Just wanted to give everyone something to look forward to! And hey if you are looking for something to read, read it with me :) I would love to hear feedback on what others think too! 

Have an awesome weekend bookworms!

10 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the book!! Yay Fiona, Ensconced in YA, and Crystal! Great combo of awesome people!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just need to get off this computer & get to reading it now! LOL

      Delete
  2. I agree that this is the prettiest cover of the three. I also judge books by their cover... Not always though lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes never always, but it does definitely draw me to them!

      Delete
    2. If I don't have a specific book in mind when at the bookstore or library, then it is completely the cover/spine that makes me pick up a book.

      Delete
    3. That's exactly how I am!!!

      Delete
  3. That is the Australian cover. It is quite lovely, I will admit :)

    Thanks for featuring me on your blog. Look at all those page hits already--go you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! All your covers are beautiful!

      Delete
  4. That is an awesome cover and I must admit that I love book covers too... Can't wait for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to write it! I've read a good bit so far & really enjoying it!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! I try to always comment back :)