Friday, August 30, 2013

Fan Fun Friday (4)

Every Friday I will have a guest fan make a recommendation of a book that they want to share with you. Any book, any genre. I also like to ask a couple of fun questions. This week my fan guest is Kim!!! 


Hey lovelies! I’m so excited to be this week’s Fan Fun Friday! Crystal’s blog is crazy amazing and I love reading all her posts. She may be new to the world of blogging but she’s blogging like a pro!

The book I’m recommending is Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout. I fell in love with it the moment I started reading! It’s definitely up there with Cassandra Clare’s books.

Obsidian is one of those books that you can’t put down the moment you pick it up. It’s about a girl named Katy who moves to West Virginia from her hometown Florida right before her senior year. She’s just a normal girl who LOVES books, has a blog and does everything boring, until she meets her next door neighbor, Daemon. He’s snarky, arrogant, hilarious and everything you want from a guy. They don’t get along at all. And the worse thing? Well… let’s say that Katy’s stuck with Daemon after he saves her life. Yet he’s not your everyday hero from earth, he’s an alien who’s abilities left a mark on Katy that can only fade with time.

The characters are fantastic. There’s just so much personality that Jennifer put into these characters. Obsidian has a wide range of characteristics. Katy’s your average boring stand at home kind of girl who loves to read. I connected with her right away! Which was good considering she’s the main character. Dee, Daemon’s twin sister, is the outgoing, talkative, perky girl who becomes Katy’s best friend. Daemon, your mysterious bad boy who I won’t reveal much about. And so many other characters!

Obsidian is the first book in the Lux Series, which has 5 books. The fourth one came out recently! I’ve only read Obsidian and if the other books are the same as the first, then I may have found a new fandom to join. If you haven’t read Obsidian yet… I just want you to know… GO READ IT NOW! You’ll be dying to read the second one after! 

To read more about Obsidian go here.

Q: What's your favorite book cover?

A: Shatter Me (the eye cover)

Q: Where is your favorite place to read?

A: Out in the woods, or my bedroom

Q: Who is your fictional boyfriend?

A: I have so many! Okay...I'll tell you my favorites out of my favorite boyfriends. SO there's Jace (TMI), Sebastian (TMI), Daemon (Obsidian), Ren (Nightshade), Christian (VA), and Grant (The Prophecy).

Q: What is your strangest obsession when it comes to books?

A: I have to have the book in hardcover and I can't have the pages bent.

Q: Do you have a favorite bookmark?

A: My favorite bookmark says Live, Laugh, Dream 



Thanks SO much for being part of Fan Fun Friday Kim :) 





1 comment:

  1. KIM KIM YOU NEED TO NOT STEAL REN FROM ME BECAUSE HE IS MINE AND MINE FOREVER SO GO AWAY MA'AM BECAUSE WE ARE HAPPILY MARRIED SO BYE

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! I try to always comment back :)