Thursday, August 8, 2013

Throwback Thursday (1)

Welcome to Throwback Thursday!!! In this weekly post I will be mentioning some books from the past that are near and dear to my heart! The purpose is not to do a FULL review, but just tell you a little about the book itself and some little tidbits I loved about it :)

This week I have decided to choose the first book from an AMAZING series that installment 6 just released in July. So here is a little info on it: 


Book: Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews 
Series: Kate Daniels #1
Genres: Urban Fantasy, Adult Fiction
Pages: 260
Published: April 1, 2007
My Rating:♥♥♥♥♥

Synopsis:

When the  magic is up, rogue mages cast their spells and monsters appear, while guns refuse to fire and cars fail to start. But the technology returns, and the magic recedes as unpredictably as it arose, leaving all kinds of paranormal problems in its wake. 
Kate Daniels is a down-on-her-luck mercenary who makes her living cleaning up these magical problems. But when Kate's guardian is murdered, her quest for justice draws her into a power struggle between two strong factions within Atlanta's magic circles. 
The Masters of the Dead, necromancers who can control vampires, and the Pack, a paramilitary clan of shapechangers, blame each other for a series of bizarre killings-and the death of Kate's guardian may be part of the same mystery. Pressured by both sides to find the killer, Kate realizes she's way out of her league-but she wouldn't have it any other way...


 
Kate Daniels is tough, stubborn, sarcastic, and beautiful. I became extremely attached to her and her world. All she wants is justice for a dead guardian, but along the way gets sucked in to a war. She also develops a relationship with the clan of shapechangers and their leader Curran. I could probably write a few pages on my feelings for Curran alone! He is nothing but brute strength as a lion and ruggedly handsome as a man. I challenge you not to fall in love with him. Their relationship will make you swoon, make you laugh, and then you will be raging mad. 

I cannot tell you enough how much I loved this book. I read it back in 2011, and flew through the first 5 books of the series. It is such an amazing series and I cannot wait to read Magic Rises (#6). If you are into urban fantasy, a strong heroine, sexy leading men, action packed pages, and finding love along the way definitely try this book/series out! Then of course let me know what you thought about it! I would always love feedback  :)

"I turned to leave and paused before the gap in the ruined wall. "One last thing, Your Majesty. I'd like a name I can put into my report, something shorter than typing out 'The Leader of the Southern Shapechanger Faction.' What should I call you?"
"Lord."
I rolled my eyes. 
He shrugged. "It's short."
-Ilona Andrews, Magic Bites

8 comments:

  1. I really like this idea. It's like a mini review for every Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not normally big on paranormal but this has a little bit of everything else too so I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really awesome! That was one of the main reasons that I loved it. It's a different world from your norm these days.

      Delete
  3. Urban fantasy isn't always my thing, but occasionally I'll read one and love it. This sounds good, the little part added from the book certainly caught my interest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an amazing series!!! Seriously can't say it enough!

      Delete
    2. Recommend it to me on GR so I don't forget to add it! :)

      Delete
  4. You mentioned her at the Twitter party. Must check out! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! I try to always comment back :)