Friday, August 2, 2013

Hi :)

"'I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, Sir,' said Alice, 'because I'm not myself you see.'"

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

   That pretty much sums up what every beautifully written book does to me by the end of it. It changes me, from the first word to the last. Reading, books, fictional characters are something I'm beyond passionate about, and I want to start sharing that passion with anyone and everyone that wants to hear it! I've always been the one to quickly try to recommend someone a book, or several people a book, especially when it was so life-altering good I felt that if they didn't read it they were missing out on some important part of life! Yes, I over obsess, and I can be overly pushy when it comes down to a book really close to my heart! I can also turn into the biggest adult fan girl you have ever met when it comes down to it ;) But that's okay, because that's exactly what a book is supposed to do for each and everyone of us. It's supposed to be fun, adventurous, and take us to places that we can only dream of, and oh those characters that we become so completely attached to it's like we have known them all our lives. That's what it is all about. If it doesn't feel that way......well you are doing it all wrong my friend!
   But anyways I could write an entire blog on my feelings of books in general all on its own, BUT that's not why I'm here! I've been wanting to start a book review blog for a while now, and I have finally taken the first step to do it. My goal for now is to review at least one book a week. I'm a pretty fast reader and I normally take a couple hours out a night to read, so I feel this is a pretty good goal for me. Some weeks are better than others and I may be able to do 2. I may blog about books that are semi popular but I really want to blog about books that aren't so popular also, I have found some of the best books just downloading freebies on an e-book site. Some that were free when I got them and are now $12 downloads and all the rage! I love experiencing new books no one has heard of just so I can rave about them and then keep experiencing the feelings over and over when people come back to tell me how much they loved them!
    After I get use to the blogging world (because I am indeed a newbie in every sense) I want to do author interviews, giveaways, & of course review ARCs. That may not seem like big goals to some, but to someone that loves books it is such a big thing to be able to achieve. I will go ahead and say that my favorite genres are YA/dystopian/urban fantasy/paranormal, BUT that does not mean that that's all I will review or read on this blog. One thing I'm going to do is branch out into more genres, and you can all experience it with me.
I look forward to getting to know you all! I'm a very social person so I will interact a LOT! I also have a twitter so make sure to follow me on there @crystalbookland

And just rememeber:

"we're all mad here"
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

16 comments:

  1. Raises hand to participate in author interviews and ARCS! Be ready by November, baby! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be beyond honored!!!! I of course can't wait to read your book, but you know that from my fangirling moments lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! Welcome to book blogging, Crystal! I hope you have a wonderful, wonderful experience. If there's anything I can do to help you, please don't hesitate to contact me! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much Shannon! It really does mean a lot to have some wonderful people being so supportive! I will definitely keep that in mind because I'm sure I will need some advice along the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Crystal! I just wanted to say again how proud I am of you, and that I am willing to help in any way I can. Welcome to blogging land, hon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww thanks Nat!!! You're so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Author interviews, giveaways, and reviewing ARCs are great goals to have! Welcome to the blogosphere. You are going to LOVE it here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhh!! I lobe finding brand new blogs!!! And those are some great goals!!! And I love finding books for low prices and then finding out I saved a ton!!! Best feeling I the world!!! Welcome to the magical world of book blogging!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've got a lot to learn & a lot of inspiring pages to learn from!

      Delete
  9. Welcome to blogging :) I love being introduced to lesser known authors (and i.e. authors are following their dreams so what's not to love about them). Looking forward to future posts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats, Crystal! I'm sure we'll continue to have many conversations about blogging, life, and books :-) *huggles*

    Btw, your first post is WAY better than mine was. Plus, I didn't even have a join button LOL!!! that's how clueless I was :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure hope that we do!!!

      That gives me such hope then since your blog is SO amazing within just a year!!!

      Delete
  11. Welcome to the blogging world, Crystal! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! I try to always comment back :)