Saturday, August 24, 2013

Stacking the Shelves (3)


Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga at Tynga's Reviews. Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books your borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course eBooks. 


So I was introduced to a new book site, called BookCloseOuts, this week by Nova over at Musings of a Blodger. If you haven't checked it out you should GO NOW!! I got 4 hardcover books for $24......yes you read that correct! They were each $6. I've never been so excited!!! I did my weekly visit to Amazon, and got a few review copies also.

Physical Books:


Viral Nation by Shaunta Grimes (Received from Penguin for review)
Cinder by Marissa Meyer (BookCloseOuts)
Scarlet by Marissa Meyer (BookCloseOuts)
Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo (BookCloseOuts)
Struck by Jennifer Bosworth (BookCloseOuts)
Belladonna by Fiona Paul (Amazon)

E-books:

Steel Lily by Megan Curd (currently $0.99 on Amazon TODAY)



Fatal by T.A. Brock (Amazon only $0.99)
Notes to Self by Avery Sawyer (Amazon FREE)
Jordyn by Tiffany King (Amazon FREE)
Fields of Elysium by A.B. Whelan (review copy via Goodreads)
Escapement by Ciara Knight (review copy via Goodreads)
Unknown by Melissa Pearl (Netgalley)
Hidden Wings by Cameo Renae (Netgalley)
Double Crossed: A Spy and Thieves Story by Ally Carter (Netgalley)


What books did you get this week? Have you read any of these? Thoughts?





22 comments:

  1. Shadow and Bone is such a good book! Hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I've been hearing so much about it. Just not sure when I will get to actually read it! LOL

      Delete
  2. I've heard that Cinder and Scarlet are so good! Awesome haul. :)

    http://www.spunwithwords.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard they were too! I'm so excited to read them!!! Thank you!

      Delete
  3. I've read Struck and Cinder and I absolutely loved them. I hope you enjoy your many books! :)

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!!! I wish I could devour them all at once lol

      Delete
  4. I just picked up Shadow & Bone this week also!
    That website sounds amazing! I don't think I should look at it because I'm already broke/out of space for books lol

    Good week in books me thinks. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I understand!!! I'm running out of room too, and I know of 6 more books as of right now that should be in this week!!

      Delete
  5. I can't wait to read Steel Lily. Enjoy your haul!

    My STS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cinder, Scarlet, and Shadow and Bone, oh my . . . great books. :)

    Steel Lily is also on my Stacking the Shelves this week. I'm looking forward to reading it!

    My STS: http://readingismytreasure.blogspot.com/2013/08/its-stacking-shelves-post.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to have time to read them all!!!! I'm almost done with Steel Lily!! Going to see yours now!! ❤

      Delete
  7. Super cool haul. Enjoy your new reads.

    new follower via bloglovin

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/08/stacking-shelves-52.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard loads of good things about Cinder, just haven't gotten around to read it yet! Some great books there.

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have too. No idea when I will actually get to read it lol Will go check yours out now!!

      Delete
  9. Now the real problem...what to read first. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I'm done with Steel Lily and I'm reading Viral Nation now bc I got it from Penguin for review. But after that EEK, bc I have 6 others on my shelf too AND more coming in!!!!! It's an addiction.

      Delete
  10. Ahh I LOVED Shadow and Bone, Belladonna, Cinder, and Scarlet! I seriously hope you love all of those, and I love Steel Lily's cover it's really simple but also so steampunk. So many Amazon deals, too! I need to start looking for them more often lol :)

    Fantastic haul! <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard so many good things about them all. Now to find the time to squeeze them all in. LOL Steel Lily was really good. I will be doing a review on it soon and an author interview post :) Yes I try to check Amazon out weekly for deals.

      Delete
  11. Yay! I also have Shadow and Bone on my STS. And I'm still planning to buy Marissa's books.

    I hope that these books do not disappoint!

    Thoughts and Pens Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cinder, Scarlet & Shadow & Bone are all incredible. Also, Double Crosses is awesome. Have you read the rest of the Gallagher Girls/Heist Society novels? If you haven't, they are a must-read! Thanks for sharing about Book Close Outs. I'll have to look into them!

    <3 Mary @ Mary Had a Little Book blog

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! I try to always comment back :)