Saturday, August 10, 2013

Stacking The Shelves (1)




Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga at Tynga's Reviews. Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books your borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course eBooks. 


So my list of books is a pretty long one this week. I found a couple of free eBooks that sound good, or were recommended to me. I happened upon a couple of super cheap eBooks this week also. I got a little request happy on NetGalley (I hear that is normal for a newbie blogger). Then the normal everyday reason for having a lot of new books......I just couldn't restrain myself! While some people might go clothes shopping for retail therapy, I simply book shop! So here's my lovely list! (Here's hoping my hubby doesn't stumble on this post!!)

Physical books I bought:
Incarnate by Jodi Meadows (Amazon)

A Tale of Two Centuries by Rachel Harris (B&N)
The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith (aka J.K. Rowling) (B&N)
The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey (Target)
If I Stay by Gayle Forman (Target)
13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher


eBooks I bought:
The Sweetest Dark by Shana Abe (Amazon)

eBooks I caught on sale:
Hourglass by Myra McEntire (iBooks)
Timepiece by Myra McEntire (iBooks)
Defiance by C.J. Redwine (iBooks)

eBooks I got free:
Katie's Hellion by Lizzy Ford (iBooks)
Glamour by Penelope Fletcher (iBooks)
Crossroads by Mary Ting (iBooks)
Everblue by Brenda Pandos (Smashwords)
Dangerous by Alycia Linwood (Smashwords)

NetGalley:
Skin by Donna Jo Napoli
H2O the Novel by Austin Boyd & Brandon Hollingsworth
Broken Forest by Eliza Tilton
Shadowhunters and Downworlders by Cassandra Clare
Viral Nation by Shaunta Grimes
Silent Echo A Siren's Tale by Elisa Freilich
Shadows by Paula Weston
The Deepest Night by Shana Abe
The First True Lie by Marina Mander
Flight of Blue by A.E. Howard


And that is it! I promise I don't do this much book shopping every week! About once a month I think I kind of get "book happy". Let me know if you read any of these, and what you thought about them!!

10 comments:

  1. You picked up some really great reads! Have fun reading them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read Broken Forest (not a fan), Everblue (not bad), and I have Crossroads, but haven't read it. Great selections!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boo on Broken Forest :( I will let you know what I think about it! Thanks, there is no telling when I will actually get around to all these lol

      Delete
  3. New follower via Bloglovin. Awesome site. I really enjoyed Incarnate so very much. Come check out my stack here:

    http://gracebooksoflove.com
    Grace
    Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cover of Incarnate! Great haul this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all the covers in her series! They are so beautiful!!

      Delete
  5. So I haven't read more than a chapter in The 5th Wave, but it was a really good chapter! (I was in the middle of like three other books when i tried to start reading it thus the lack of focus on it) I'm super excited to see what you think of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swore I wasn't even going to try to read it because I've hear so many people who couldn't even finish it. BUT readers curiosity got to me. I've got to see if I'm on the love or hate side of this book!!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! I try to always comment back :)